Today, we will learn how to be familiarized with Menu and Beverage. All Food & Beverage Service personnel in Hotel or Restaurant should clearly understand different beverages sold in different outlets along with it’s terms. They should also have clear conception about menu and different terminologies.
A Food & Beverage personnel should know the following points of information regarding menu clearly:
- Dishes name.
- What it looks like.
- What it tastes like.
- What are the ingredients of the dish.
- Cooking method.
- Preparation time.
- Required plate, cutlery, garnish, condiments.
- How to serve.
Remember: As a Service personnel the more knowledge you will have on different menu items, the better you can suggest your guest. This is a remark of a good Hotelier.
To get clear conception on different beverage items & terminologies follow these steps:
- Learn the most common drinks including standard spirits, soft drinks, beers and house brand.
- Learn the ingredients of the most common cocktails and making method.
- Learn the bases of popular liqueurs.
- Try to know where the wine/spirits produced and how they are made.
- Try to be familiarize with all different glasses.
- Know abbreviation of each item.
- Try to be familiarize with serving different drinks.
- Know all different mixers, condiments and accompanies.