Our today’s hotel housekeeping training tutorial will be on Super Cleaning procedure. The Executive Housekeeper or Assistant Housekeeper will be responsible for executing and reviewing the Super Clean program on a daily basis to ensure that the cleaning program is preceded efficiently and systematically.
Click here to watch: Hotel Room Super Cleaning Procedure
Topics Covered in this Guide
Hotel Room Super Cleaning Procedure
The following procedures are to be executed under the super cleaning program accordingly:
- Under this cleaning program, assistant housekeeper will assign one room per maid to be “Super cleaned” the room each day and one time per months to each room.
- Make sure that all responsible cleaning staffs for super cleaning program perform their assigned task weekly or monthly basis following the schedule cleaning program.
- After a room has been prepared and super cleaned by the responsible maid, it must be reviewed and released by the Floor Supervisor. The correct control report must be completed duly and submitted to Housekeeping Office at the end of each shift for recording purposes.
- The Executive Housekeeper or Assistant Housekeeper will have to ensure that he/she has reviewed and released at least five rooms each working day and record properly the spot checking.
- Under this super cleaning program all rooms, service areas and public areas must be included and super cleaned.
- The Executive Housekeeper will check the cleaning procedure to make sure that all cleaning staffs are assigned with their specific cleaning tasks and the written cleaning procedure has been applied, area by area, up to down and left to right.
- The responsible supervisor will review and check the each completed super cleaning program reports thoroughly and ask the room attendant to make necessary rectification whenever required.
- The order taker will input information to database to show each cleaning staff’s individual performance. This evaluation will be used to monitor individual progress and to identify areas of common weakness between employees to provide necessary training.
- The Executive Housekeeper will review the Super Clean program report at the end of each month and submit a copy to the Director of Rooms.
How to Deep Clean a Hotel Room
The super cleaning program will comprise the following cleaning tasks to ensure that the program has been applied professionally and appropriately.
- Arrangement of appropriate cleaning equipment and enough cleaning tools. Such as: vacuum cleaners, cleaning cloth, all-purpose cleaner, metal hook, sponge, chrome polish, toilet brush sponge, scrubbing pad and gloves.
- The required beds are pulled out and mattresses are turned out properly as per schedule.
- All fittings and furniture of the hotel including all artwork, vents, wastebaskets, nightstands, headboards/posts/frames, tables, desks, chairs, sofas, clothes/ credenzas, armories, alarm clock/radios, televisions, telephones; free of dust, dirt, smudges, spots, frayed edges, scratches, discoloration and tears. All corners and crevices of the furniture and fixtures must be free of dust and debris. All furniture should be positioned according to the hotel floor plan.
- Fixtures are always sparkling and shiny, without free of hair, unpitted, unscratched with water temperature flow according to fixtures’ markings and turn easily without visible rust.
- All surfaces and service areas are polished, cleaned, and free of spots, fingerprints, hair, spots, de-silvering, dust, cracks, smudges, and dirt.
- A/C grill and toilet bowl grill are cleaned and drainage is washed duly.
- Mini-bar is vacuumed and cleaned as required.
- All carpeted areas are vacuumed daily, with no dust, debris, stains, spots, burns, threads, bald spots, discoloration, without buckles or wrinkles, and free of visible footprints.
- The vanity, sink, stalls, walls and grouting are free of any debris such as : hair, dirt, dust, streaks, smudges, fingerprints, hard water marks, lime deposit, mold, scum, soap buildup, water spots, residue, discoloration, chips and peeling.
- Ensure consistent, smooth and polish color condition of the grouting.
- The sink stopper is in good working condition.
- Faucets and handles work correctly, no drips or leaks.
- The toilet and toilet floor are always free of hair, debris, scum, waste buildup, stains, discoloration, dust, odor, mold, burns, scratches, chips and cracks. The toilet must flush properly and the toilet seat must be fixed firmly with the caps in place, no leaks, or running water.
- The tub stopper/strainer mechanisms operate easily and work properly. The tub release water appropriately and drain freely.
- The wastebaskets are cleaned daily or whenever required by spraying cleaning solution thoroughly inside the basket. Wipe properly to remove any unwanted odor and residue.
Click Here to Watch Our Free Video on Hotel Guest Room Super or Deep Cleaning Procedure