There are some special procedures for rooming a guest from front desk to room for the first time. Here are some steps to follow while rooming a guest.
1: Greeting at the elevator:
- Guest Relation Officer (GRO) handover the room key to the bellperson.
- Bellperson address the guest and welcome him to the hotel.
- Then he show the way to the elevator.
- Bellperson should offer to carry guest’s coat or luggage as he escorts him or her to room.
- Open the guestroom door with the guest key (making sure it works before the guest arrives), hold the door open and insert the key into the master switch.
- Let your guest settle down little bit.
3: Present Room facilities:
- Generally guests remain very tired while they come. So don’t expect they will allow you to give your full presentation. It is better to cordially ask in this way “May I take a few moments to explain the features of your room?”
- Briefly explain the light switches to the guest including the standing lamp switch and the bed side lamp switches. They may tilt beside lamp shades for extra light.
- Let the guest be aware of the location of the hair drier, laundry bags and dockets located in the top drawer underneath the TV.
- Guests may listen to the TV or radio in the bathroom by switching on the “Radio” switch above the tissue box located on the wall.
- Be sure that you don’t miss to explain following points of information:
- Temperature control
- Emergency exits
- Technology information regarding internet access
- Power supply
- Introduce Restaurants and Bar
- Introduce Hotel services and facilities
4: Offer Services:
- Ice will be offered to all guests or pre-set in room.
- Whilst greeting arriving guests, offer complimentary pressing and shoeshine service.
- Offer to take coats and hang them in the closet.
- Explain the operation of the Instant Service Button.
- Offer unpacking services.
- Offer complimentary coffee, tea, or soft drinks.
5: Leave & Follow Up:
- Be sure you fulfill all guest queries.
- Tell him how to contact to you if he or she needs your assistance.
- Wish him happy staying and leave the room.