As an additional service to guests with children, the Hotel will provide Babysitting service upon request giving at least 3 hours advance notice. We will endeavor to provide properly screened Baby Sitters and ensure that standards, policies and guidelines.
Babysitter in a Hotel
Generally a housekeeping staff who has specialized training in child caring service or in some places only those certified babysitters who have license on babysitting, should provide such babysitting service. Generally a guest call for babysitter and then the total babysitting procedure starts. Even some hotel calls for professional babysitter after getting request from guest.
Procedure of Babysitting in Hotel
- A pool of Baby Sitters will be maintained from among employees who will register with the Housekeeping Department on their availability.
- The Executive Housekeeper will screen all prospective Baby Sitters before they are included in the Pool.
- When a call is received in the Housekeeping for a Baby Sitter, the Order taker will take down the following information:
- a) Name of Guest
- b) Room Number
- c) The time the Baby Sitter is needed and for how long
- d) Age of child
- e) Special instructions.
The coordinator will advise the guest of the rates and if meals and transport are to be provided.
- The above shall be entered into the Baby Sitting Form and the name of Baby Sitter to be assigned will also be listed.
- The coordinator will call the guest to confirm her request for a Baby Sitter.
- A babysitter should come 10 to 15 minutes prior to booking time.
- An outsider babysitter should not be sent to guest room alone. A duty manager or housekeeping manager should escort him or her.
- Whenever a Baby Sitter is sent to the guestroom, a form will be filled up in duplicate to be presented by the Baby Sitter to the guest. (Sample attached)
- The coordinator shall advise Security and Assistant Manager of Room No., Name of Baby Sitter and Period of Baby Sitting.
- Rates for Baby Sitting shall be sin dollars XYZ Per hour or a fraction thereof.
- Meals will be provided by the guest should the Baby Sitter work six (6) hours or more. Taxi fare will also be provided if the Baby Sitter is required to work beyond 11.00 pm.
- Baby Sitters will abide by the following rules:
- a) The Baby Sitter should be neat and well groomed.
- b) The Baby Sitter shall wear her ID on her person.
- c) The Baby Sitter shall confine herself and the child in the room unless the guest gives her permission to bring the child outside the room.
- d) If permission to bring the child out of the room is given, the Baby Sitter shall only bring the baby to areas within the Hotel premises and must ensure the safety of the child. The Baby Sitter should not bring the child to the back of the house.
- e) The Baby Sitter shall advise the Housekeeping office of her and the child’s whereabouts if they leave the room. She should continuously advice the Housekeeping office whenever she and the child change locations in case she is needed.
- f) The Baby Sitter should not use the telephone in the guestroom for her personal use.
- g) The Baby Sitter should ask the guest if she should answer the phone and what to tell the callers in case they ask for them.
- Payment will be made directly to the Baby Sitter and she should acknowledge receipt of payment on the copy of the guest.