Dear readers, previously I have shared one of the most popular hotel management training tutorial here in this blog which is a hotel management training Sop on Room Service Procedure in Hotel. After that I got lot’s of email from my readers asking for more information about Hotel Room Service.
So, here in this free hotel management training blog, I am gonna share more tutorials on hotel’s room service. Today you will know 21 key points for successful room service.
Tips for Successful Room service in Hotel:
- Low flower vases should be used.
- Flowers should be put on every order tray.
- Tables, wheels, and heaters should be cleaned.
- Tables should be covered with plastic sheets during delivery.
- A courtesy card should be put on table with the server’s name and pickup information.
- Choices of complimentary newspapers for breakfast, should be offered.
- When arriving in the room, one should inquire where the patron wishes to sit.
- Chairs must be arranged.
- Pens should be offered for signing check.
- Good telephone manners should be utilized to sell subtly.
- Operators must be well-informed about specials.
- About items not available.
- One must be willing to accommodate special requests and be discreet.
- Extra lids for coffee and teapots are essential. They constantly get lost. Cardboard covers should be provided for juices and water.
- Extra napkins should be provided as also choice of individual jams, jellies, and honey.
- Special speedy Continental Breakfast Service should be provided.
- All drinks should be served from iced decanters, and sodas from split bottles.
- Wines should be served with in half bottles and in carafes.
- Delivery time promises that cannot be kept should not made.
- Linen should be checked carefully.
- Extra large teapots and thermos pots for coffee should be kept stocked.