Since in hotel industry rapid food & beverage handling all the time is a common practice, so hygiene & sanitation is one of the main topics for perfect hoteliers. Whether you are a server or waiter or a cook or anyone in the hotel, while you are handling food, these key points should be kept in mind:
- Wash your hand frequently, especially after touching your hair or skin, handshake with others, sneezing, coughing, visiting the wash room, handling raw food items, using soiled tableware etc.
- Never smoke while working. It is strictly prohibited.
- Never serve such food which fallen in the floor or you assume to be unhygienic.
- As much as possible, avoid touching dishes, cups, glassware, flatware and other items should be handled with precaution. If possible,use gloves.
- Keep the service plate clean.
- Don’t wear jewellery.
- Always cut your nails.
- Maintain a decent hair style.
- Must follow grooming & hygiene guidelines for servers in hotel.